As an active member within the community, ECCOM social responsibility initiatives focus on corporate governance, protecting employee interests, establishing beneficial business partnerships, advocating consumer rights, participating in social welfare programs, and protecting the environment. These factors are key elements in helping us to ensure stable and sustainable growth of our business, while also providing a framework for corporate social responsibility allowing us to give back to the community.
ECCOM is undoubtedly a socially responsible corporate citizen, we not only focus on the growth of our business, but also spare no effort on meeting the needs of our community.
Joining hands with colleges and universities to train talents and offerin jobs to relieve employment pressure
With the expansion of youth population in China and tens of millions of newly-growing labor force each year, the problem of youth employment is increasingly prominent, especially the employment situation of fresh college students is increasingly steep.
- In recent years, ECCOM has continuously strengthened its cooperation with colleges and universities. It recruits a certain number of fresh students to join ECCOM and creates a systematic training plan for them every year. To a certain extent, it has contributed to easing the pressure of social employment.
- ECCOM cooperates with Shanghai University in the “Outstanding Engineers” program. Junior tudents of the university can start their internship in ECCOM and exchange credits from summer. Outstanding interns can be directly employed. For students, they have increased the internship experience; for the university, it has increased the employment rate; and, for the industry, we actually made social contributions to the cultivation of talents for the industry. In addition, ECCOM also assists network engineering major of Wenzhou University in the “Professional Education Certification” work and joined the proposal project of “New Engineering Network Engineering Community”. It can be said that ECCOM provides a platform for college students to accumulate experience and create employment opportunities.
Providing all-round solutions to build a secure network environment
In recent years, the rapid development of the internet has brought more convenience to enterprises and individuals, but the following internet security problems have become more and more serious. A large number of information security incidents have erupted both at home and abroad.
- On May 12, 2017, WannaCry worm broke out worldwide through MS17-010 vulnerabilities, which infected a large number of computers, resulting in a large number of computer files being encrypted and seriously affecting the development of various network services around the world. Facing this crisis, ECCOM issued an advanced threat protection solution and gave an emergency response plan for the first time to assist many customers pulling through this security crisis.
ECCOM offers all-round security solutions from the cloud, internet exports, terminals and internal networks, and establishes a pyramid model of defense system to assist customers in fields including finance, telecommunications, internet, manufacturing, retail, government, energy, transportation, education and medical care, etc., completing the seamless connection of the new network environment and maintaining their network security to ensure normal operation of customers in all trades and industries, which acts as an “invisible hand” to escort social stability.
Caring about society and concerning public welfare undertakings
Charitable donation Charity is a belief,and we believe that unity is strength.Charity is a belief, and we believe that unity is strength
- In May 2013, Ya’an earthquake touched the hearts of ECCOM people. Employees in ECCOM took active actions to respond to activity of “Love in Man’s World Despite Ruthless Natural Disasters. Warm Donation for Ya’an” called by the company. The funds raised has been coordinated by Sichuan Charity Federation to support disaster areas.
- ECCOM employees participate in reconstruction projects in Sichuan, Wenchuan assisting efforts in rebuilding emergency facilities such as hospitals. ECCOM worked closely with Cisco to actively support the rebuilding process, and donated 110 power heaters to the Wenchuan county hospitals maternity wards.
- September 2008, Participated in Suzhou Red Cross “Good Student, Bright Future” campaign helping poor students complete their education.
- May 12, 2008, Sichuan Province Earthquake, in response to the devastating 8.0 Richter scale earthquake within the Sichuan province, ECCOM provided donations to the Chinese Red Cross to support disaster relief and reconstruction efforts.
- May 2003, "SARS" Epidemic, ECCOM Shanghai support’s anti-SARS efforts through special aid contributions.
Sichuan Reconstruction, Beijing Olympics, & World Expo
At ECCOM, we believe that using the power of technology we can help change the world. We have actively participated in many community projects such as Sichaun Reconstruction, Beijing Olympics and World Expo support engagements.
- After the earthquake, major reconstruction efforts were focused on rebuilding the area’s communication infrastructure to support Healthcare services within the region.
In December 2010, ECCOM assists in the second phase of the Wenchuan County People's Hospital reconstruction project.
April 2010, ECCOM again collaborated with Cisco in the deployment of Cisco-based technology solutions for Education, implementing a campus network for video Telepresence with the aim of fostering new models for distance learning for remote geographical locations for shared educational resources across the MAN.
In 2010, ECCOM employees participate in reconstruction projects in Sichuan, Wenchuan assisting efforts in rebuilding emergency facilities such as hospitals. ECCOM worked closely with Cisco to actively support the rebuilding process, and donated 110 power heaters to the Wenchuan county hospitals maternity wards.
October 2009 ECCOM continued to support Sichuan recovery efforts in a second project focusing on reconstruction efforts in Wenchuan County’s emergency command and data center. ECCOM engineers were stationed in Wenchuan and overcame various difficulties to help deploy and assist in recovery efforts.
August 2009, ECCOM was the first to participate in a joint effort between ECCOM & Cisco in disaster recovery efforts for the Sichuan earthquake, and assisted in the deployment of mobile medical vehicles and recovery of medical communication networks. This project was later transferred off to the Sichuan Provincial People’s Hospital.
September 2008, Participated in Suzhou Red Cross “Good Student, Bright Future” campaign helping poor students complete their education.
In June 2008, Cisco donated to Chengdu Telecom Telepresence 3000 series, and was rapidly deployed by ECCOM engineers to assist in earthquake recovery efforts. The donation was used by Chengdu to facilitate communications and coordinate reconstruction efforts.
May 12, 2008, Sichuan Province Earthquake, in response to the devastating 8.0 Richter scale earthquake within the Sichuan province, ECCOM provided donations to the Chinese Red Cross to support disaster relief and reconstruction efforts.